Dr. Samuel Tam is a board-certified Orthodontist and Pediatric dentist. He is dually a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada in both the specialties of Orthodontics and Pediatric dentistry. He is also board certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
While providing care to patients for more than a decade, Dr. Samuel Tam earned his Bachelor of Science in biology at Brown University and his Doctorate of Dental Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. He received awards for community dentistry, pediatric dental health, and practice management from the university.
After graduating from dental school, Dr. Samuel Tam completed a specialty residency program in Pediatric dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and was chosen as chief resident for the program. Dr. Sam also completed a specialty residency program in Orthodontics at the University of British Columbia, in addition to receiving his Masters degree in craniofacial science.
In addition to his private practice, Dr. Samuel Tam is a clinical assistant professor at the University of British Columbia.
Dr. Sam is active in the following professional organizations:
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada, board-certified specialist in pediatric dentistry and orthodontics, Fellow
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, Diplomate
- Canadian Association of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Dental Specialists Society of BC
- British Columbia Society of Orthodontists
- British Columbia Society of Pediatric Dentistry
In his spare moments, Dr. Sam enjoys ice hockey (like all good Canadians!), cycling, playing the trumpet and movies, while making time for dental aid and relief mission projects abroad. Community activities allow Dr. Sam to reach and have a positive impact on more people than just his direct patients, making the most of each opportunity.