Dr. Samuel Tam is a board-certified specialist in pediatric dentistry and a fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. He is also board certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Sam earned his Bachelor of Science in biology at Brown University and his Doctorate of Dental Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. He received awards for community dentistry, pediatric dental health, and practice management from the university.
After graduating from dental school, Dr. Sam completed a hospital dentistry fellowship at Vancouver General Hospital, as well as a specialty residency program in pediatric dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania/Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He was chosen as chief resident for both programs.
In addition to his private practice, Dr. Sam is a clinical assistant professor at the University of British Columbia. He is also on active staff at Vancouver General Hospital, where he mentors dental students in both the hospital setting and in community clinics. In addition, Dr. Sam serves as a board member of the British Columbia Dental Association.
Dr. Sam is active in the following professional organizations:
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada, board-certified specialist in pediatric dentistry, fellow
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, Diplomate
- British Columbia Dental Association, board member representing Vancouver
- Canadian Association of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Dental Specialists Society of BC
- British Columbia Society of Pediatric Dentistry
In his spare moments, Dr. Sam enjoys fishing, cycling, and (like all good Canadians!) ice hockey, while making time for dental aid and relief mission trips abroad. Community activities allow Dr. Sam to reach and have a positive impact on more people than just his direct patients, and he makes the most of each opportunity.