“Pediatric dentistry and orthodontics has given me the tools to help people. Whether I’m alleviating a child’s pain or building a smile, I have been blessed with the ability to make a positive difference in my patients’ lives.” — Dr. Isaac Tam
Dr. Isaac Tam, a board-certified pediatric dentist and orthodontist, has been creating healthy smiles for more than a dozen years. He earned his Bachelor of Science with honors in biology from Hope College, his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania, his pediatric dentistry degree and training from New York University Langone Hospital, and his orthodontics masters degree and training from the University of British Columbia. He lectures to dental professionals worldwide and has had his research published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Dr. Isaac is a faculty of graduate orthodontics at the University of British Columbia where he mentors dental students and residents.
He is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- Canadian Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- British Columbia Society of Orthodontists
- British Columbia Pediatric Dental Society
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Orthodontics
- The Royal College of Dentists of Canada, fellow
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- British Columbia Dental Association, board member representing Vancouver
In his spare time, you’ll find Dr. Isaac enjoying time with family, fishing, cycling, playing the violin, and developing community projects through the Tam Foundation.