While braces may have had a bad reputation in the past, today's braces from Tam Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry make it easy to look good and feel great about your smile!
Types of Braces for Teens
Dr. Tam offers three orthodontic treatment options for teens at our Vancouver and Delta offices.
- Traditional braces are the most commonly used orthodontic treatment for teens. They are versatile enough to correct all types of malocclusions and can be customized with your favorite colors to show your personality.
- Clear braces work the same way as traditional braces, but are made of a translucent ceramic material instead of metal. Clear braces are a more aesthetic treatment option, but may require more care than their metal counterparts.
- Clear Invisalign® aligners are an aesthetic alternative to metal and clear braces. The aligners are clear and removable, which gives patients the freedom to smile with confidence and maintain normal brushing and flossing habits. Clear aligners aren’t for everyone, as they require excellent patient compliance to be effective.
Length of Treatment
The amount of time it takes to achieve your ideal smile depends on a few key factors:
- Amount of Correction: The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently, so while it may take one patient only 12 months to complete their treatment, it may take another patient 24 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- Compliance: Your willingness to use the appliances Dr. Tam gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help make your treatment run on time!
Hygiene and Braces
Keeping your braces and teeth in top shape is one of the most important things you can do to ensure a positive, on-time outcome. When you being orthodontic treatment, we’ll go over all aspects of your oral hygiene routine, as well as provide the necessary tools to implement that routine with a hygiene kit. During your treatment, Dr. Tam and our team will focus on the areas in which you are doing well, build on that positive experience, and expand the areas of hygiene needing more attention. Remember: the more you put into the care of your smile, the longer your smile will last!
Orthodontics, whether with braces or clear aligners, are a big part of life for many people your age, and at Tam Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, we want to make the experience one to remember. Please contact our Vancouver or Delta, BC orthodontic practices to schedule your first orthodontic checkup!